May 30, 2015

A Change of Plans

I have a story to tell you. And it's not a fish story.

When we got home from our little trip over Memorial Day weekend, the floors were beautiful except for in one place...near the dishwasher. For some reason, they seemed warped.

My sweetie decided it was probably because he did the washing and the sealing of the floor so close together and a little water was trapped. If that were the case, the boards would settle down in a couple of weeks and all would be well.

All wasn't well.

The Dog Walker didn't mention that his ceiling was leaking, he just moved out onto the couch in the projector room. I pray for safety every day and I'm happy to say that the Dog Walker was at the temple when the ceiling came crashing down on his bed, with drywall and water, and insulation everywhere. It was a ridiculous mess!

My sweetie discovered that something was malfunctioning in the dishwasher and he shut off the water and took it out of the circuit. It is now sitting on the porch.


The boards in the kitchen are still warped under their new finish, and water continues to drip slowly from the exposed joists in the Dog Walker's room. We have fans going on in there 24/7, trying to dry things out and hopefully save the carpet, although we will mostly have to completely redo his room anyway.

So this is the end of the story.

I had a meeting for my Girl Scout troop planned this afternoon at my house, except that my house is a shambles. We changed our plans at the last minute and we took the girls over to Scheel's. We had to much fun riding the Ferris Wheel and taking pictures in their photo op booths.

They asked me to put lots of pics of them in my post today, so instead of showing you the gaping hole in the ceiling or the dripping water or warped boards, I'm going to show you pics of my cute girl scouts having a ball at Scheel's.

















1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh that is not good that you have to replace the ceiling and etc in your home. Hopefully, you won't have to do much to the floors. We have had a similar thing happen and I do know how it feels.
I still don't know how you do it all.
I guess for now you have to do the dishes by hand not fun. I guess you can at least say you aren't in a log cabin with no water or bathrooms like the pioneers. When I get in a rough spot I usually say that I am happy I am not a pioneer.
I loved all of the fun photos of the girls at Scheels. I still don't know how you do it all.
Well, this too will pass and I am sending hugs your way.