Apr 16, 2015

A Snow Day

Guess what I woke up to this morning!

You know, here in Utah we have had a really mild winter. We got a little snow in December for Christmas, but other than that, pretty much nothing. Not even very much rain. Our water levels are ridiculous; my friend was telling me that the ski resorts closed last weekend. We even took the snow tires off all of our vehicles.

The kids were terribly excited to see the snow. They pulled on boots and gloves and built this tiny snowman (among other things). I had to get after them a couple of times because of flying snowballs and Scout even came in crying that Curly hit her in the head. (I just might have another great pitcher on my hands...)

I did not enjoy the snow since I had to run errands and drive around in it. Thankfully, it is melting quickly and the roads are mostly clear. I'm guessing all my fruit trees have frozen. It's a good thing I procrastinated my spring planting. Bossy was all stressed and worried about her little pea plants. I'm just hoping the pansies make it through.

Think our ballgames will be canceled tomorrow?





2 comments:

Gwen said...

new follower here. I LOVE Utah. Glad that the snow was a welcome sight. LOL

LeAnn said...

I was amazed at how much snow we got. I do hope our fruit tree is resilient.
The Pansies are suppose to be hardy.
I am sure the children loved it all. I just wanted to curl up by the fire and read my novel; which I didn't
Blessings and hugs!