Feb 5, 2015

The Dentist

Mommy!
Please no...
Just waiting.
Yesterday I picked up Crafty right after school so we could go to the dentist. Now first I want you to remember that she is 14 1/2 years old, and she HATES going to the dentist! I had to listen to her complain from the moment she got into the car until the hygienist took her back for her cleaning. Yeah, it was just a cleaning!

I got this:
"Mom, I don't have to get my teeth cleaned because I clean them myself."

When that didn't fly, it was this:
"They always use too much water and it makes me gag."

And this:
I'm not doing this!
"Why do I have to get my teeth cleaned?"

Or this:
"I remember when I was little I used to always throw up at the dentist.:" (At least that one is true!)

I started making my own suggestions.
"Tell me about school."
"Let's sing a song."
"Do you want to read your scriptures on my phone?"

The only one that worked was:
"Let's take a selfie!"

And you know how I feel about selfies...
...about the same way Crafty feels about the dentist.
Aaahhhhh!
Open wide!






1 comment:

Natalie Ockey said...

I hate the dentist too! But I do know it's important to go...