Feb 9, 2015

A Birthday Party for The Beast

Guess who turned 28 yesterday?!

Oops, maybe I shouldn't have given it away in the title of my post...

So today we had a party. It doesn't take much of an occasion for us to want to party, but birthdays are my favorite. My sweetie and I made dinner, but when I asked Beauty if she would like to do the cake, she said she had never made one before. Well, that was a challenge I couldn't resist.

I made the cakes earlier in the week and I had the frosting ready when Beauty and the Beast got here. She was so cute and so willing to try and just look, her cake turned out wonderfully well for her first try!

Baby Doll convinced the kids to put on a play as her gift for The Beast. My favorite is when she was dancing with Curly and then Burrito came in and tried to shoot him with a cue stick, but Curly pulled a Nerf gun from his waistband and conquered Burrito the Bad.

He got some awesome gifts, but aside from the Tupperware, his favorite was this giant gummy bear. They tried cutting it with a knife, but after biting off the nose, The Beast testified that it was much easier to bite than cut.

The best part of the evening was the stories. My sweetie led off and told a tale of The Beast from his childhood and then required The Beast to share something from his memory. It was a fantastic way for Beauty to learn some of our favorite family history...some of it pretty embellished, I might add.

Sometimes I wonder if they all grew up in the same family...






1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh this was such a fun post. Again, I love your family celebrations. I love the creativity and of course the cake looks luscious too.
Blessings for all!