Apr 10, 2013

Inspire My Life

Remember a month or so ago when Teach and I went to the Girls' Night Out women's health fair? We had so much fun there together! So today when I was asked if I would be willing to blog about a free conference for women coming up this weekend, I readily agreed.

It's called Inspire My Life and it is being held in St. George, Utah, on Saturday, April 13 on the Dixie State University campus. It's free to attend and will be a day full of inspiring music and speakers.

Charley Jenkins
I have to confess right up front that this is not one that I will be able to attend although if I could, I would love to. I just couldn't miss Scout's first softball game and it's about a 4-hour drive for me, but even checking out their website was fun. I had never heard of Charley Jenkins before I heard his sound-bites, but he will be part of the entertainment and if you like country music, you will definitely like him.

This event is all to benefit a good cause, supporting women who have been victims of domestic violence or rape. The organizers are requesting that everyone donate to The Dove Center or bring extra jewelry that you no longer need or want. All donations go to support the Dove Center's programs, but if you can't afford a donation or you are like me with only cheap jewelry laying around, they are still happy to have you attend.

Oh, and guess what?! There are having a giveaway!
 It's easy to enter to win the Girlfriend Getaway! If you win, you and a friend get stay at the Green Valley Spa in St. George, which is rated 4 Diamonds. They would love it if you would help spread the word on your blog, Facebook, Twitter or email so more people will know about this incredible event. The 999th person to register at www.InspireMyLife.com wins. This trip includes all meals and snacks, fitness classes, and daily guided hikes and workshops. Arrive Friday night and stay all day Saturday. Includes one 50 minute massage! It's a perfect getaway for you and a friend.

They also have a Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/inspiremylife with more information about their cause and why they have chosen to give away all this awesomeness for free.
Make sure you let me know when you win, OK? It was so cold here in Salt Lake today that there was actually snow in the valley. I couldn't even let the kids play outside. I know, I told you it was spring here, but apparently I was wrong. At least St. George will be sunny and warm!
***I was compensated for letting you know about this fun, free opportunity.*** 

Bossy ninja-fixed the facebook link.  Also cheer up Mom Inspire My Life will be in Salt Lake on May 4th.

No comments: