Aug 17, 2011

Just Dance Party

Remember our summer list? I told you all kinds of things we were planning to do with our summer. We have managed to cross quite a few items off the list, but not all. Yesterday, we decided it was time to finish one more. The Dog Walker was so excited to have a wii Just Dance party with the family. I’m pretty sure that’s because he knew that he could beat the rest of us with his eyes closed. (And he did…)

So the plan was that as soon as everyone got home, the party would begin. The Dog Walker was the last one scheduled to arrive after Marching Band Rehearsal at 8:00 pm. By 8:05 the kids were bouncing off the walls they were so excited. At 8:10, the Drama Queen shooed them all upstairs. When the Dog Walker finally burst through the door at 8:25, the little ones paraded down the stairs one at a time. Apparently, our dance party had morphed into a costume party, complete with prizes donated by the Drama Queen.

We decided to play 3 songs each, write down the scores, and the highest total points on the 3 songs would be declared the winner. The first group consisted of Sport, wearing his football uniform, complete with helmet, cleats and even his cup! Princess, Prima Donna, and Scout were all wearing dance costumes from various recitals, and Crafty had on a mini-skirt, knee-high striped socks, and a brown curly wig. Curly wore an apron, oh, and there were feathers (everywhere!) and pom-poms in various colors. My sweetie and I abstained from the costume portion of the party, as did the Dog Walker since he was pulled in to play the minute he got home.
The Dog Walker's Rasputin Jump

The first round was rather uneventful…everybody played, even Baby Doll held a remote and managed to score 31 points. During the second round, the Dog Walker got so excited with his score that he promptly cleared the screen before the Drama Queen could record the rest of the scores. I immediately awarded 10,000 points to every other player and then my sweetie one-upped me by giving them all 11,000 instead so that they all beat the Dog Walker during that round. (He didn’t make that mistake again.)

But the third and final round was by far the most exciting. My sweetie was dancing with the Dog Walker and the Drama Queen. I’m pretty sure that Scout was also part of that group. You all remember the stories about his stubborn britches? Well, at one point during the Rasputin song, my sweetie went up and his shorts went down. We narrowly missed capturing it on film. Doesn’t that sound vaguely familiar? We thought about giving him a prize for technical difficulties and the best costume…but Sport and Crafty shared that one instead. The Dog Walker won the overall competition (I came in second!) and the person who danced with the most enthusiasm was the Prima Donna. The Drama Queen passed out candy to the winners who willingly shared with their brothers and sisters. You know, my sweetie will be celebrating his birthday in a couple of weeks…maybe he needs a new pair of shorts.





11 comments:

Marci said...

That sounds like so much fun! Rasputin is a rough song, but so much fun! My friend invited me over to play some Just Dance and I had no idea what I was getting myself into, then she started us with Rasputin! So fun, but so exhausting! Glad you guys had a fun night!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

They certainly look like they are having a blast!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

This looks SO fun! :) Our family LOVES Just Dance, it's one of the few things we all like together.

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Wow, I was just smiling seeing all the photos...talk about fun...I should have been there LOL.

Thank you for commenting on my blog...and no, we haven't had cold cereal for supper LOL...dh doesn't like that but, we will have just Thai noodle soup out of packages and add frozen veggies. That is really inexpensive.

To be cold cereal here in Canada is very expensive and doesn't last long...and every time I go, the price seems to rise.

Have a wonderful day.

Emmy said...

I love your family! You always do so much together.

Jaclyn M said...

That sounds like so much fun!! We love Just Dance!!!

mommeeof10 said...

Hubby has some short from the first year we were married (1988), when I was still in the army. He has gained some weight since then, but insists the shorts shrunk. LOL.

Katie said...

Looks like everybody had a fun time! We have almost no games for our wii, maybe we should invest in this one.

Chell said...

So FUN! We love Just Dance! It's always a hit in our family!

Kristin said...

I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog. How cool are you?? WAY cool! :) Thanks for finding my blog so I could find yours!

Miss Marine said...

Your big family is so awesome--the fact that you can have a dance party with just your family is so cool. I know some big families that just complain complain complain that they are too big/poor/whatever to travel/have/fun/live. So glad to see that you embrace the wonderful benefits of a large family. I enjoy your blog.
Jenny in NC