Aug 23, 2026

Freezing Corn

As usual, our corn came on all at once. I'm so not complaining, I am excited to show you our first real canning activity of the year.

After Skittles football game, Dog Walker and I picked all the ripe corn. We didn't count, but I suspect we had about 50 ears. He helped me shuck it all before he had to go to work. Fortunately, Scout had offered to cut all the corn with the mandoline.

She always does awesome work, so after I blanched them for 3 minutes, she would cut them, and I would bag all that beautiful corn.

Then she was finished, I scraped each cob with a spoon to get all those tiny bits left by the cutter. These became 3 bags of creamed corn.

Besides that, we filled 13 qt-sized bags with cut corn.

It was a beautiful harvest.

No comments: