Jun 18, 2024

Time Ran Out in Ghana

Good morning, everyone! It's been a good start, but it's a horrible ending type of week. Let's talk about it. 

Monday was preparation day. All I did was laundry. I also made breakfast burritos for a member and her family. They really enjoyed it.

Tuesday, we went out to teach. We taught Brother S the Law of Chastity, and that was a really funny experience with him not really understanding us. We did some service by fetching water, and we taught Sister G about baptism and the restoration. 

Wednesday was really stressful because we had to cram eight elders into a four man apartment. Elder B got called to be district leader, and the other Elder B was called to be a zone leader. It was a great night with the other elders there, too. 

Thursday, I had another seizure... which means I am going back to America to receive medical help, and my mission in Ghana is over. My plans of right now are to enjoy the rest of my mission with the office elders and the APs and do a service mission when I come home. After my seizure, the senior couple Elder and Sister H came and got me with all my luggage and took me to their apartment. I have spent three nights and two days at their place.

Friday, I did a lot of resting and laying about in their apartment. I made banana bread. I just had nothing to do except sleep. I felt awful for not doing anything.

Saturday was the same. I did get some souvenirs.

Sunday, I went to church and met a lot of the senior couples. I even saw President Nielsen. I took a picture with him and saw one last baptism. After that, I had dinner with the senior couple and their friends. Elder H took me to the office, and that is where I am staying for Monday and Tuesday morning.

All I can say is that I am thankful for serving in another country that God said I will have great success in. I am very happy that I managed to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength for these past six months. It was a fun journey that I was a part of. Thank you all for the support you have given me, and I will see you soon!




No comments: