Oct 24, 2022

I'm SO Sorry, I have been missing for a while...

 As you know, my sweetie had his 3rd surgery. The found more gunk in his shoulder than they were expecting and a pocket that was hiding in his foot. They drilled tiny holes in his shoulder. The staph business is relentless. We are hoping he might be able to come home in a day or two, but we really have no idea. 

Our ward members are taking good care of us with meals and treats and sweet texts and emails. Our brothers and sisters have been in constant contact. My sweetie has spoken on the phone with his brothers for hours and his sisters are always checking up on our text string. My siblings have been amazing as well. My sweetie's aunt and uncles arranged a huge family fast for him and us this weekend. I am definitely a believer in prayer and we appreciate yours as well. 


Life has been so difficult that I haven't really wanted to share because I want my blog to be uplifting and happy, but I have some other sad news for you that we need to work through. The Dog Walker and his wife are getting a divorce. How is it that one day she just decides she no longer wants to be married? He is devastated, of course, and he will be moving back home over the course of this week. Did I tell you his book is now available in paperback? At least that is something exciting for him.

We are waiting somewhat impatiently for Teach's baby girl. She is a week overdue now and the hospitals in New Jersey do things much differently than they do in Utah! She is hoping to call the hospital in Camden tomorrow and schedule an induction. She is pretty miserable.


On happier notes, we cleared the garden and the apple trees before the freeze and when I haven't been at the hospital with my sweetie, I have been processing the vegetables he worked so hard on. We have made tomato sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, applesauce and apple juice, as well as 18 quarts of his famous green tomatillo salsa that he uses for sweet pork and chile verde. I have never made it on my own, so I was nervous, but thank goodness for DUO. We were able to have him look at things and tell me what to do next. Technology is amazing.


The kids are on Fall Break, so they don't have any school this week. Honestly, I am happy to have them home. 



We were supposed to be refinishing the floors this week, but I guess that will have to wait until Spring Break. I also spent a fair amount of time moving our November trip into February. Hopefully, my sweetie will be at 100% so we can do a little traveling again. We ended up losing about $500, but it could have been SO much more!


Bossy and Gamer and most of their kids are enjoying the sunshine in sunny San Diego, while we are getting frost and snow here. But even with our trials both big and small, all is well. Our families and our ward family are taking care of us. Thanks, everyone, for your love and support.



1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm sorry you're going through so much. I pray the Lord comforts you all and brings His peace and joy like only He can!