Sep 28, 2017

Another Fun Adventure

Yesterday, before the Pinewood Derby, since the kids are off-track, we decided to join the Dog Walker and the Cat Lover on an adventure. We had originally planned to go to Wheeler Farm, but time got away from us and we ended up making a detour to somewhere a little closer, the Conservation Garden Park in West Jordan.

 
We have been there many times, but it is different every time. The Cat Lover had never been there before and she loved seeing all the different plants and which ones were native to Utah. Curly was amazing at putting together the irrigation pipe game in just over a minute (I'm going to have to get him to help his dad with our sprinkler problem.)



The kids loved the huge pipes and the echo in the largest one. Scout put her hand in what looked like a bucket of dirt until she realized it was earthworm casings... ewww!


My favorite part was a new addition and we were so excited about it that I didn't take any pictures. It was a gigantic chess set with pieces 3 and 4 feet tall and the kids had to drag them from square to square because they were heavy.

I wish we would have had a little more time. I can't wait to visit again when we can play an entire game of chess! (I'm pretty sure I can still beat Sport.)

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved your adventure to the West Jordan Conservation Park. I looks like an awesome place to visit. Loved the photos of all and especially the cute couple; Dog Walker and Cat Lover. Playing chess and dragging the pieces around sounds like a fun challenge.
Hugs for all!