Jul 9, 2017

Guest Blog - House Update: Look up! by Drama Queen



Hey y’all!  Long time, no guest blog.  Momma and the littles were off partying all day up at Cherry Hill, so she asked me to quickly type up a post about how my house reno is going.  Upstairs is pretty much fait accompli thanks to the awesome help of literally everyone!  Here’s some pics of the awesome new paint and carpet.  I could only find a W.I.P. pic of the kitchen, sadly.I can’t remember what I’ve shared so far, so I’ll just go ahead and tell you about the last week or so.  


We got Teach and Twiz moved in - they are living upstairs amidst the boxes but will move into the basement bedrooms once it’s all done. They have been so great with dealing with power tools waking them up every other morning.  


But let’s talk about the basement.  First off, here’s some “before” pics of the basement.  One of the first things I did once I got the keys was to pull down the sketchy-looking drop ceiling and tear out the very stinky carpet.  See, I had this crazy awesome idea of having an exposed industrial ceiling - you know, like they have at cool restaurants.  My very wise and experienced father told me I was crazy, ...and he was probably right.  But I was also crazy right about how awesome it was going to look!!


The basement has two bedrooms, a bathroom, and the large family room.  The smallest bedroom - the one that sweet little Twizlet will be in - we painted the ceiling an awesome industrial gray and the walls are this beautiful lavender.  The family room ceiling is black - and it looks so wicked!   (Sorry, we don’t have the lights installed yet, so the photos are dark.)  It’s walls are going to be both white and more of the lavender.    Since Papa broke his foot, I’ve been hand-rolling the rest of the paint, so progress has slowed a bit, but I plan to have it looking great and be laying down tile before the Twizzlers get back from visiting Twiz’s family.  


Papa-Darling has been so very kind and so he has put in tons and tons of time helping me tackle these crazy projects. I am learning so much from him!  It’s been a totally invaluable experience.  I am so very thankful for everyone who has been working so hard and helping me out!  Love you guys!!!  


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It look like your home renovations are going well. I enjoyed the photos. I am sure that your sister and family will love it all.
It does look like.a lot of work. You do have an aweosme Dad who has helped you so much! Blessings and hugs!