Jan 17, 2015

They Won't Shoot

Two guesses what I've been doing today...

Right! Basketball games. Curly's started at 9:00 this morning and none of us were ready to get out of bed yet. He ended up being 5 minutes late, but the game hadn't started yet so it was no big deal. Their little team doesn't keep score, but they have lots of fun and it was picture day so I took this one for you.

I missed Sport's game. He and Dog Walker went on the Klondike camp last night and they were both so tired it was hard to get him awake enough to play, but they were already missing 3 players. He held his own under the basket even though the opposing team had a 6th grader who was almost 6 ft tall!

They are doing their pics next week when the rest of the boys are here.

And then there was my little team where Scout is the star. They have picked up really well on the zone defense and mostly keep the other teams from running up the score. The problem is that I can't get them to SHOOT! Seriously, we have had 3 games with the score of 0. If the whole team puts up 10 shots during the entire game it is a miracle. I've even offered them bribes and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions from all you coaches out there?

Oh yeah, and we sold a bunch of Girl Scout cookies. I'm ready for bed and it's not even 9:00 yet...


No comments: