Oct 17, 2014

Dancing at the GS National Convention


Guess it really is a down week because last night when I tried to write a post for you, my internet was down.

I really wanted to share with you too! We attended the Girl Scout National Convention opening ceremony last night. WOW! That's all I can say.

OK, maybe I can say a little more. It was crazy! Kind of like a massive Tupperware rally on steroids. They said there were about 6000 people there and I believe it. It was pretty amazing. They started off with a flag ceremony that led into a roll call of sorts. They had flags from every nation that has girl scouts, then they brought in flags from all the states and territories. Each time one was announced, people from that state or area would stand up and cheer and raise flags.

Then the National CEO spoke for a bit and our Council CEO. We had videos from Michelle Obama and Governor Herbert. Then the mayor of Salt Lake spoke to us. The keynote speaker was Alison Levine, author of ON THE EDGE. She did an amazing job!

But the best part was watching my girls dance. I just wish that part would have been a little longer and we would have been closer to the front. I'm hoping somebody will post the whole thing to YouTube so I can watch them all instead of the Jumbotrons.

Baby Doll made friends with an older grandma scout from Kentucky. She even gave her a little bracelet swap. Today we are going back over with the troop to visit their Hall of Experiences. I'll let you know how that goes.

Princess also has her first night of the DYW pageant tonight, so we will be running all day.

And last but not least, we had an electrician over today to put in an extra circuit for the Dog Walker's lights.

We don't want his Halloween display going "down" this week.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I have so missed your daily posts and will try to get caught up. I always enjoy reading about your family events. This one looked like a great one.
Amazing that the girl scout program is so huge; I love it.
Blessings for you all as you go through the rest of your week.