Jun 1, 2014

Tuacahn With My Girl Scouts

We spent a lot of time in the car!
Oh man, where do I start?!

First let me apologize for being a slacker and not updating you yesterday. We took our Girl Scout Troop to Tuacahn, but not my computer. :)

You know that is why my girls sell cookies. This is the third year in a row we have made this trip to St. George so that girls can watch an amazingly cool performance in their theater. Our first year we saw Aladdin, then last year we watched Mulan in their indoor theater, and this year they were so excited to see The Little Mermaid.

Wait, let's back up for a minute. We picked up the middle school girls right after school and headed ...straight back to our house so they could use the potty...

Then it was on the road. We had to hurry since the show started promptly at 8:45. It was a 4-hour drive and we didn't have much extra time built in, not with the storm and the road construction. About 20 minutes outside of St. George we called in an order for pizza at the Dominoes. After a quick stop we checked into the Crystal Inn at 7:45.

We had a few minutes to devour some pizza and then those of us who were going to the show climbed back into the van for the 20 minute ride. It was definitely a lot of driving just to see a show... And it was SOOO worth it!! They did an amazing job! They flooded the stage and they had people up on wires that looked like they were swimming. They had a wall of water that ran much of the time, keeping the entire scene looking like the sea. They even finished out with fireworks at the wedding scene.

The girls were particularly excited about the 14-year-old boy from St. George who played the part of Flounder. When the show was over, they even managed to get his autograph. Then it was back to the hotel. We arrived shortly after 12:30. I was tired, but the girls all wanted to party. Thank goodness all the scouts fit in a couple of rooms and I was able to get to bed.

We got up in time for breakfast and a swim before we got back on the road and headed for home. It was a quick trip, but so fun! My phone was pretty much dead at the show and I know some of the girls got pics of Flounder and the girls. Maybe they will send them over and I will put them up. Please guys!

I know you read my blog.
Sometimes.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do we send them?

Mom of 12 said...

For all my cute girl scouts, send your pics to twelvemakesadozen@gmail.com
Sandy