Jan 16, 2013

A Little Terrified

Is it OK to admit that I'm a little terrified?

Teach's Mission Call is really supposed to come in the mail tomorrow and I have been a total basket-case all week. Oh, don't get me wrong, I am very excited for her and thrilled to finally know the answer, but I am also worried and helpless and a little lost. I don't know what to do with myself.

I totally yelled at the Gym Rat this week... more than once. This morning I was at the dance studio and I actually came a little unglued over a little girl carrying a cookie order form. I just feel like I'm living on the edge.

Last night the Dog Walker was taking Crafty to the dance studio when he had a tire go flat on Redwood Road, a rather busy main thoroughfare here in Utah. I had to zip over there and rescue him and then try to decide what to do about the car. My sweetie was still at work, but my awesome SIL came quickly to the rescue. I'm not sure what I would have done without him! My brain is just not working properly.

Then when I brought home my six gallons of milk and one of them started leaking all over the fridge, that was the last straw. I know we aren't supposed to cry over spilled milk, but...

So I for one will be happy when we finally have the details of the mission, where she is going, when she is leaving, what she needs to take with her, etc. At least then I won't feel this lost and helpless feeling.

I'll post the location as soon as we know... I sure hope it's tomorrow since she spent the evening making cookies. If not I might just eat the entire tray myself!

5 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

Now you're starting to sound like me when I'm feeling left down about college.

Natalie Ockey said...

I am so excited for Teach! She will be a great missionary. My sister received her mission call to PA just before Christmas, so we are excited to know three missionaries soon! I don't know what it is like to let someone leave on a mission, but I hope that you can feel more at ease once the call arrives. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The unknown is always a little scary, but actually most times we worry and are afraid the things a person worries over don't ever come true, it has statistics to back it up. You are very close to your children and love them, worry about them, worry what will happen that is perfectly normal, you have many children so you are always worrying one way or another, chill, relax, everything will go as God planned it and she will be safe and actually enjoy speaking of her faith to others! It will be a big boost to her life and she wil look back on it fondly with great delight and happiness. It is just the waiting that seems to torment Mommas she will be in God's hands and your and your hubbs prayers constantly. We are praying for her toooo! take it easy Sandy, God will take care of each and every detail! ciao!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Hello there! I'm trying to catch up on blogs again. I'm excited for your daughter's mission call -- it would be pretty crazy. I'm always worrying over the "unknown" more than when things actually happen. Just stressful.

Um, I would cry over that spilt milk!

Hope your week goes better and best wishes to you and your family -- it looks like I have a lot of catching up to do.

Little Sister said...

Well?