Dec 16, 2012

Dog Walker's Awesome Light Display

I've told you before about the Dog Walker's beautiful light displays at Halloween and Christmas, but I think he has outdone himself this year. He got started pretty slowly since he was still battling school and homework demons.

Then as things for school started winding down, he began adding a little more each day until these are the pictures he took today. Although I'm not sure he is done yet. He put up a couple more things after these were taken. I can't seem to get him to put away the boxes on the porch yet, so that leads me to believe that they might keep growing right up until Christmas Eve.

It doesn't help that the neighbors ask him about it nearly every day. He puts himself under incredible pressure because he doesn't want to disappoint anyone. The biggest problem is that when we built our house, we added lots of extra electricity for outside lights, but we weren't planning anything like this! So now if anyone turns the lights on in the downstairs bathroom, it blows the circuit. We also can't use the printer if he has all of his lights turned on.

But the inconvenience is definitely worth it! It makes him happy and makes the world a little brighter for all of us.



7 comments:

Marci said...

WOW! He did an AMAZING job! I wouldn't want him to see my house right now...besides our 2 foot tall christmas tree and a few wooden blocks with vinyl on them, we don't have Christmas decorations at all! We keep saying that once we buy a house we'll start buying decorations since we'll have a better idea of what space we'll have to fill. Plus then we'll actually have storage space to keep things during the year.

I wish I had The Dogwalker come to my house to put lights up outside!

Sarah said...

Totally worth it! Great job, Dog Walker! And the fuse thing makes me think of Christmas Vacation, lol!

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is awesome. I love the scenes that he has been working very on. You might could put in another electrical box to handle the overload. We had to do that in our home when we finished the basement. I don't think it was all that expensive.
Blessings to Dog Walker and of course all of you. Enjoy those sweet moments of Christmas and those lights.

mommeeof10 said...

A separate service panel for the outside lights should not be that expensive. I think the one we added to our workshop/my office was around $500. That was 6 years ago.

Natalie Ockey said...

Can't wait to see the lights this weekend. They look great!

Emmy said...

LOVE LOVE it! I hvae always wanted to have a house totally decorated like this. We have a lot not but nothing like this.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So beautiful! I need him at my house...we have nothing out in front.