Sep 3, 2012

Cleaning Fairies

My sweetie actually told the kids this story today...

"Once upon a time, we lived in Logan. I had been working for an engineering firm as a technician and I decided to finish my degree. School was hard! I had a headache for six months straight! It was all I could do to keep up on my homework. Differential equations was taking all of my brainpower. Mom was in school too, and she was working on her Masters Degree. Bossy was little, but mostly a good girl. We were all SOO busy!

Then one day a miracle happened. I went to bed at night and when I woke up, the cleaning fairies had come! The house was totally clean. I was so glad that I didn't have to worry about housework and doing my share. I was so grateful for those cleaning fairies."

A couple of the kids started to snicker. I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah, I wonder who those cleaning fairies were?" My sweetie got defensive. "No, seriously, every once in a while they still come!" Then Teach piped up from the back seat. "Only their names have changed a little...instead of just Mom and Bossy, now they are Teach, Drama Queen, and Princess."

My sweetie looked stricken. "I think you're wrong." He actually said that with a straight face.


Do any of you have cleaning fairies at your house? If you do, send a few of them my way.

2 comments:

Marci said...

This cleaning fairy would totally head over to your house if she lived a little closer!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I need them too so when you find them let me know!!!