Nov 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Means Family


Part of our Charlie Brown Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving because it’s all about family for me. Remember I told you we do a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving dinner first? Prima Donna was our Peppermint Patty in her balloon turkey hat that the Drama Queen made for her. She did a lousy job with the scene so we had to send her back upstairs so she could have a do-over. The second time was much more convincing…

My sweetie made some AMAZING rolls and I’m saving the recipe for you for Friday’s Food for Thought. I really enjoyed watching him teach the Gym Rat how to make them. The Gym Rat is still trying to catch a wife and he figures becoming a good cook might help. I spent about six hours making pies on Wednesday night after Scout’s birthday party. But they were worth it! So yummy!




We had a little trauma. Scout got sick and slept through Thanksgiving dinner. It appeared that she had an infection. I tried to take her to the Instacare, but they were closed for the holiday. She was terribly afraid of the emergency room so I just gave her some antibiotics I had left over from last time (I know…wrong answer) and got her into the doctor when the holiday was over. She is feeling much better now.

I love the togetherness of the day. The kids played games and just hung out. Dog Walker couldn’t go to the gym so he bench-pressed Baby Doll.


I guess they were all full and content, because there were lots of moments like these.



And my sweet little Curly who is always full of gratitude said, “I’m grateful for my family.” AMEN!


7 comments:

Emma Frances said...

It looks and sounds like you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend!! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Yum, all that food looks fantastic!

Jillybean said...

I love the Charlie Brown dinner, what a fun idea!

LeAnn said...

The pictures indicate that you had a fun Thanksgiving. I especially liked the one of lifting the weights.
Blessings to you for another fun post. I'm smiling on this one!!

Shell said...

My boys would like that kind of Thanksgiving!

Jennifer said...

Love the pics! I bet Thanksgiving at your house is wonderful with all that family!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

It all looks fantastic! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!