May 26, 2017

Playing at the Beach Party

The first 5th grade beach party I helped with was not long after we moved into this house. The Beast was in Mrs. Stewart's class then. It was a big huge thing and I managed to get myself put in charge, but it was so much work I vowed never to do it again.


Then 15 or so years later Sport's class came along, I was finally feeling up to it again. Then someone else put me in charge. I don't know why I just have to be that super over-achiever...


Now it is Scout's turn and all I did today was provide a game of Plinko. We pulled the board my sweetie made for pack meeting years ago, dusted it off, and picked up some prizes. It was pretty easy and fun to hang out with Scout.

Kate and her amazing teacher!

If the kids (or adults) got the "prize" slot, they won a bag of Famous Amos cookies, otherwise it was a Tootsie Roll. I had about 40 bags of cookies and we gave them all away. Scout must have played it 10 times and she walked away with 5 bags.


Clean up was quick and easy, but set up was even better. I had the Dog Walker drive my car over to the school, take the table and the board to the gym and set them up. Then he came back home and I went over to play. It doesn't get any easier than that...





1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I agree you are an over-achiever! That being said; you are just plain awesome. Way to go in doing above and beyond. Blessings and hugs for this one!