Sep 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Crafty!

Crafty's birthday was actually on Saturday, but we celebrated today with the family. We had to do things in a little bit different order than normal. The Gym Rat spent the weekend in Las Vegas for a convention, so we had his little dog, Franco, here with us. The Gym Rat was hoping to be back by 6:30, but that dragged on into 7:30.

We planned for ice cream and cake at 3:00, but then the girls were assigned to help with the church meeting at the Our Home, which is a nursing home that is close by. They had to be there at 2:30. Our Home Teachers were coming at 3:45, so we had to squeeze things in the middle. As it turned out, we waited until after our visit and then invited the Home Teachers to sing and have cake with us.

We did gifts later, before the Drama Queen left to go back to Nephi, but after the Dog Walker headed out the door all dressed up in his new suit for his concert. It was actually a fireside so we didn't go since we aren't students at his school.

We had dinner when the Gym Rat finally rolled into town. It was all a little scattered and chaotic, kind of like the rest of my life. She is having a friend party tomorrow at Menchie's, a frozen yogurt place. I bought the party in a silent auction for the Emery family. It was a bargain that helped a neighbor. I'm glad I don't have to clean my house.

We have been doing a bunch of canning this weekend. We finished up the pears and did 28 quarts of green beans and some applesauce. I will have to do more applesauce this week, but I'm mostly done with the fruit. I will have to do tomatoes too, probably on Wednesday.

The little ones are off track now, YAY!! Sport will go to work tomorrow for the first time ever at the preschool. It will be such a good experience for him. The kids also have to finish up Reflections this week if they are planning to enter. Did I tell you I got myself assigned to be in charge of Reflections at the middle school? I know, I'm a masochist through and through.

Hope you have an awesome and busy week!



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Happy Birthday to that sweet Crafty. I remember a few birthday events somewhat like this one; when you had to conquer and divide.
Blessings and hugs!