Sep 17, 2013

Guest Blogger: Thomas S Monson Award by Dog Walker

I've been asked to guest blog for my mom, because she was tired and needed some sleep from watching me take an economics test for SLCC. Anyway, I wanted to make a quick post about something that may be able to happen if I could be able to try to do it.

Remember about my big accomplishment in the Boy Scouts of America program? Well, one day Mom was showing me this amazing award that could be counted for my collection of merit badges. It was talking about this special award with the picture of Thomas S. Monson. If you never heard of Thomas S. Monson, he's the LDS prophet for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Salt Lake City, Utah. He testifies in a special conference, called General Conference that happens every first weeks of April and October a year. If you like to know what General Conference is like, then you can find it on TV on Channel 5 of KSL or on the internet at lds.org.

Anyway, about this award, it is called the Thomas S. Monson Award. The requirements for this award is found on this website are on this is in this Thomas S. Monson Award link.I was thinking that I've been having experience of knowing how the things that I've done in my life would help me know of how I should experience the things that have happened to me while being autistic. I hope that you have enjoyed this quick post, if you have any Boy Scouts and are interested in this award, they can, besides, any Boy Scout at any age is allowed to earn this merit badge.

3 comments:

Marci said...

Wow! I've never heard of this award before! It sounds like it is a great one! And I love that it's named after president monson! I love when you share things about your big scouting accomplishment! You've learned a ton from scouring, and I've learned a lot about scouting from you! Thanks for taking the time to guest blog, Dog Walker! I hope your economics test went well!

Anonymous said...

I need to know the 5th elective. Does it require the my duty to god booklet or what

LeAnn said...

Wow, that you so much for the link to this one; that is awesome. I am very impressed with your post today. It was a great missionary one.
Blessings!