Sep 14, 2013

Casting Call

Such very exciting things going on at our house! Since I will be totally mired in two events for the next couple of months, I thought I'd better share with you. I have actually been trying to get Prima Donna to guest post for me for about a week, but she is just too busy.

So a couple of weeks ago she asked me if she could try out for the musical at the high school. They were doing Footloose, a play she had actually never seen. She hadn't even seen the movie! I supported her of course, but as a sophomore, I honestly never expected that she would get in. She spent many nights rehearsing her song for the audition, and when they announced the cast list, she was chosen to be part of the adult ensemble. She was so excited to have a role!

The following day, Prima Donna, Princess, Crafty, and Scout all auditioned for the Nutcracker. Our studio is affiliated with the South Pointe Ballet and they are doing their first ever Nutcracker production teaming with the Herriman City Orchestra. After a little arm twisting, I also got Sport to try out.

They had a mandatory parent meeting at the studio tonight and they announced the cast. Crafty will be part of the Waltz of the Flowers. Scout is a Buffoon, and Sport is a Party Boy. Princess received two parts, the Lead Mirilton and the Snow Corps. And Prima Donna got a leading role... Madam Ginger! That means she is the lady with the huge skirt that all the Buffoons come out from beneath. It's the perfect role for her since she is tall and muscular.

I'm just not sure how she is going to deal with rehearsals 24/7....and school...and Young Women's...and performing team...and dance classes...and Youth City Council...Reflections...Girl Scouts...drama club...FCCLA...

She's pretty obviously my daughter; not happy unless her life is crazy busy!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praying for your family.

Marci said...

Busy, busy!! But all seem to be involved in great activities!

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is all so awesome. I do not know how you do it all. You have one busy family. Good luck and blessings on all of these upcoming events.
Hugs!