Sep 27, 2013

Guest Blogger: The Boy Scout Audition by The Dog Walker


I know that I have already guest blogged about not long ago, but here's something that just happened today. My mom was telling me about joining an Eagle Scout Choir, and I tried to be in it, but I got cut, because a lot of Boy Scouts were trying to get in. So Mom and I decided to try to audition for speaking at  the Boy Scout Program at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City.

So, I got into my uniform that I wore for my big accomplishment and then Mom and I went to a stake center in Bountiful. I was a bit nervous while Mom was driving because it's been a while since I've been in front of an audience. We made it in about half an hour before the time I was supposed to be there.

Anyway, Mom and I went inside the stake center and then met with the manager and she was really nice to let us go and audition. She was probably surprised about all the merit badges I had on my sash. Mom and I waited in the main room for my turn while she worked on her quilt. While waiting, I was showing my sash to some of the kids that came in and they were asking about the merit badges and how I earned them. It was excited to show the kids how I earned them.

Then it was my turn with others that were auditioning for speaking at the Boy Scout program. I wasn't nervous at all once I got to go introduce myself and to tell the managers about myself as being a Scout and why I joined to audition in it. The manager thought I looked really amazing in my uniform, she thought that I should be on the podium already to tell everyone in the Conference Center about myself. I didn't mess up in the audition nor did I embarrass myself.

Mom was happy to hear about it, the manager told us that we should see if I'm auditioned enough and accepted to be in the program for speaking. This is such a big deal for the 100 year anniversary of scouting in our church, so I would like to be part of it. I will let you know next week after they tell me.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Way to audition! I think you set a an excellent example to all the other Boy Scouts with all of the merit badges you've done! Maybe you've even inspired other boys with autism to try to get all of their merit badges too! I wish the young men in my rad had your great example to follow! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Dog Walker!

LeAnn said...

I will be praying for you to get to speak. I loved your post and am so impressed with all of your merit badges. All three of my boys were Eagle Scouts so I know how much work it takes to do the badges. You are and awesome young man with great parents.
Blessings!