Feb 15, 2023

Traveling as Two - Surprise!!

We were first introduced to regional convenience stores during a job interview in Philadelphia. They were so proud of their Wawas. In Utah, we have Mavericks and Holidays, but we are not as fanatical about them; and then we mentioned this to our son-in-law who grew up in this area, and he tried to explain it to us. Once we visited them and got a sandwich at a Wawa, we understood a bit better.

Then there is the Kum & Go… Elder Sport has talked a lot about them in North Dakota, so when we saw one in Colorado, we had to check it out. Guess what we found inside? Missionaries!!  So Wawas are Teach, and Kum & Go is Elder Sport. 

Yesterday we were traveling to Norfolk to see big ships when we saw a sign for Wawa, so we called Teach.  She knew we were in North Carolina, but when I said Virginia, she said we were close to her. My sweetie made her check the gps twice, and she still said we were only 4 hours away. After some planning, we went back to Kittyhawk and then we found a hotel that was almost exactly halfway. 

This morning we each drove just over 3 hours and we met up for a one night stay.

I got to see my newest granddaughter, two other grandchildren and two of my daughters…sadly my son-in-law had to work, but I'm glad he works so hard to take care of his family.

We played in the pool...




Read stories...

Twizlet opened her birthday gifts (I could have saved all that shipping money!)


We player her new game and we got Chinese food.


Then we played Skull Kings until nearly midnight. 


I think this is my favorite day of our vacation so far!!



No comments: