Feb 27, 2023

Traveling as Two - Almost Home

Today was our last day. We had so much stuff that we had to buy a new suitcase! I couldn't resist the bargains of the off-season. We spent our last night in Charlotte, close to the airport. We checked out after breakfast and found a church that made me feel just like we were in Utah.

Unfortunately, we had many hours to kill before we had to turn in our rental car and no where to go. We finally decided to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame.


My sweetie loves cars, anything with an engine really, and although we don't follow NASCAR, we had a great time.


We started with a movie.


We wandered the exhibits...




We even saw Lightening McQueen!!


We ate lunch in their tiny Cafe (it was delicious!), failed epically at their simulators, and visited the gift shop.

Finally, it was time to leave for the airpot and for home.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Love the last day of your trip. What a fun place to visit. You really have had an adventure, and I enjoyed following it. I love when you take time off together. It is a wise thing to do when you have a big family.
I finally got a post of myself today. I have had a struggling with blogging and hope to increase my posts.
Sending big hugs your way for you two!!