Feb 13, 2023

Traveling as Two - First Sign of Big Water

So a couple of days ago, I showed you pics of amazing water as we crossed the Albemarle Sound. (We learned that a Sound is just a really big Bay.) Today I finally had my first glimpse of the ocean from the Outer Banks or OBX. But let's start with this morning. My sweetie and I went to church.


I love knowing the Church is true everywhere we go.

It was a crazy rainy wet day. Remember our last day on Cape Cod a couple of years ago? Pretty much like that, with huge puddles of water everywhere. We thought if we drove the shoreline road, we might be able to stop for a minute, but the road was much lower than the beach and we couldn't climb all those stairs in the rain and our church clothes.


We finally got a peek!



Then another... the water was cold and angry with large waves.

Back at the lodge, we decided to look for friendlier water.


The pool and hot tub were nearly empty.


After lazing about for an hour or so, we came back to the condo and took a nap before the Super Bowl. 

We cooked dinner and watched the game while talking smack with Curly on the phone. It's nice to get away for a bit, but I sure miss my kids back home.

No comments: