Feb 9, 2023

Guest Blog: Visiting the Aquarium with Skittles by the Dog Walker

I have been asked to guest blog for Mom since she's been feeling tired for a lot of things. Mostly she's trying to get ready for another out-of-state trip that I'm sure she'll tell you all about. And speaking of trip, I went on an aquarium trip with Skittles. He has a membership to the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium so I come over as a guest. It was just me and him visiting the aquarium. He pretty much knew the entire aquarium, so I sort of let him show me some parts that he had seen before.


There were a lot of interesting things at the aquarium that I've never been to before. I was mostly trying to make sure Skittles stayed with me and not get lost. He was very interested in finding all kinds of fish and urchins from the pictures above to the tank and exhibits themselves. We even got a tour guide to help us know where to find the most exciting parts of the aquarium, especially where the animals were being socially active towards guests.

The aquarium had a play area for little kids to play in. So I let him play in it for a few minutes until it was time to move on to the next parts of the aquarium. The very next thing he wanted to do was pet a stingray. It was kind of a challenging moment at the time, since, the stingrays were so very low down that he couldn't be able to reach without falling in. One eventually swam up to the surface towards us and Skittles had the chance to touch a stingray. He thought it felt funny, he kind of giggled.


We saw many other interesting animals at the aquarium. We saw penguins, big fish, otters, frogs, and even sharks. They had a little bit of a bee exhibit, but there weren't actually bees there, just a box of slots and what bees sound like when gathering honey from the flowers. 


It was a really fun aquarium to visit with Skittles, despite of him trying to run off without me and not staying with me. It would seem like he would know this aquarium by heart after having a membership pass. Maybe he'll be an aquarium tour guide when he grows up or maybe an oceanographer. You never know what he would decide to be someday. It was fun, Skittles! I'm glad I got to go to the aquarium with you.

No comments: