Sep 4, 2018

Labor Day Campout

How was your Labor Day Weekend? We had so much fun! Curly has been furiously working on his Webelos activities badges and we wanted to finish the Outdoorsman while it was still sort of warm outside, so we planned a backyard campout for Sunday night.


Curly had to help put up a tent, so he and Dog Walker worked on that while Sport and Crafty hung the hammocks. Teach and Twiz were also hammocking and we were eventually joined by Bossy's family although only Taco and Burrito spent the night with us.


We kept food simple, hot dogs, chips, fruit and veggies. As it got darker, we got a fire pit going, the kids roasted marshmallows and we ate s'mores. Baby Doll was so proud of the one she made for me! It only fell in the ash once...


My sweetie set up the projector on the basketball court and we tied a sheet between the volleyball poles. I'm sure our neighbors hated us as the kids belted out the songs along with our annual viewing of the Newsies movie. It was midnight before they settled down to sleep. Twizlet came inside with me to clean up for a bit. She was bouncing off the walls from all the sugar.


About an hour later, she and I climbed into the tent and snuggled up together in my big sleeping bag. It was pretty comfortable for an air mattress kind of night. That is until the dogs crawled onto the sleeping bag. Shakespeare was fine. He curled up against my back for warmth and went to sleep. Watson kept walking around and around, jiggling us all up as he went, and making sleep impossible.

This backyard campout was a fun new tradition! Now if I can just convince my sweetie...

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

"Once and for All", "The World Will Know" that you can be the "King of New York" and "Seize the Day" by "Carrying the Banner" to "Santa Fe"!

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love this idea of a backyard campout. It looks like you had such a good time and the photos are awesome!
Blessings and hugs!