Sep 27, 2018

Pinewood Derby 2018

I have a love/hate relationship with the Pinewood Derby. I love it because it gives my son many hours of work with his dad. I hate it because there are usually tears and disappointment awaiting me. The tension was even worse than usual in the buildup to Curly's last big race.



As a Webelos Scout, his days with the pack are numbered and the more he thought about it, the more he wanted to win for the 3rd year in a row. My sweetie wanted to win even more than that.


We left football practice a little early and got there just before the first race. We had the 8th ward with us too, making about 25 boys to race, so we settled in for the long haul.

I breathed a sigh of relief when his razor-thin, blue Broncos car zipped down the track for 1st place on round 1.


Round 2 wasn't so easy, but he won by a nose. When it was finally over, he had once again managed to clinch the first place title.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Way to go Curly! Congratulations on the win and for that many years is very impressive.
Blessings and hugs for you~