Jan 27, 2013

A Grown Up Date

Tonight my sweetie took me out to dinner. The Gym Rat gave us a gift card to Applebees for Christmas so we decided to use it. It was busy when we got there, but by the time our food showed up it had slowed down and we had a nice leisurely meal.

But we are grown ups, so we had a grown up date. Instead of holding hands and looking lovingly into each others' eyes, we used the silverware wrapper to write down all the pack meeting plans for the year. (We have some amazing ideas for the coming months!) When we finally finished, we left the restaurant and drove over to Smith's Marketplace.

Yeah, we are really romantic when it comes to dates. Strangely, we ran into a couple from our street who were spending their date night the same way we were...grocery shopping. I guess that's what you do for dates when you are a grownup.

But I want you to know I'm going to try harder when it comes to dating. The Drama Queen sent me this cute new blog and don't tell my sweetie, but I think this 43 kisses date sounds like a lot of fun! Valentine's Day is coming up...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Our grown up dates sound a lot like yours. It usually involves dinner out then off to the book store for lots of browsing.
Blessings
Diane

Jillybean said...

Hey, we ended up at Smith's Marketplace after our date last night also. I'm surprised we didn't see you.

LeAnn said...

Thanks for a fun read! Your dinner sounds familiar when you just talk about family and children. Ban that one next time and just talk about the plans for the two of you. I am such a fan of date nights. Thanks for the link too.
Blessings to you!

Michael and Violet said...

Thank you for linking to our post!