Jul 7, 2018

The Kitchen Project

I know I've been giving you teasers all week about the work my sweetie has done on the house, and I finally have some pics although there is still tons of work to do. It all started last weekend when my cooktop quit working. The kitchen had been on our list of remodels, but honestly, it was so much work that we were saving it for last. But my sweetie didn't want to put another new cooktop in, so he started making plans and before I knew it, we were looking at something huge and amazing.


We had many helpers this week, including the kids and the grandkids, in all aspects of the job, but let me just give you a little rundown. They completely patched holes and painted the mudroom; this was one of the rooms that had not been totally repainted since we moved in 24 years ago (although we didn't paint inside either closet, so I guess it is still on that list).


The kitchen was completely repainted, including the inside of the pantry. It looks better than it did when it was brand new! We covered all the peach walls with a silvery grey and then repainted all the trim white. Since our 2 main light fixtures no longer matched anything, we pulled them down and replaced them with more efficient ones.


Drama Queen single-handedly painted the entryway with a roller on a long pole. My sweetie wants to put one more coat on it before we take up the paper that covers all of the hardwood. But the most amazing part of the project is my new countertops. My sweetie, along with tons of help from Gamer, completely tiled them and tonight they added the grout. They are so pretty!

The sinks still need to be reset and the splash needs to be caulked, but I couldn't wait to share them with you. All the upheaval was worth it. Hopefully by tomorrow night we can move the table back into the kitchen... at least until my sweetie decides it's time to refinish the floors...


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that is a lot of work but it looks awesome! I liked your pantry and it looks so tidy. I need to work on mine. It always feels so good when you have a project completed and it looks as good as your. Blessings and hugs!