Jul 10, 2018

Ever Lose It?

Do you ever just lose it?

This morning I was having one of those days... you know, when everybody needs my attention right now! Wait, let me back up a second. On Saturday evening, Bossy ended up in the hospital with possible preterm labor. She stayed until Monday morning when she was finally released (since her stillbirth last summer, they are very careful about this little one). So Taco and Bridger spent the night here with us and when we got up, I guess we were all pretty grumpy.

I was trying to help Sport look up his score from the AP test. He knew they had been posted because Crafty had already seen hers and he was a bit impatient. The mechanic was here taking care of our vehicles and he needed some information about an alternator for my sweetie's car. Teach was working on the other computer, editing some pictures for a video, and Baby Doll had complained at least a dozen times that the kids wouldn't play with her.

Sorry, Burrito

My desk was covered with papers and stuff needing my attention and after about 30 minutes of this solid barrage, I yelled at the 4 kids, unloading all the stress and trouble piled up around me and told them to either get along or go outside and clean up the backyard.

Silence ensued...

Crafty helped me pull up Sport's AP score and each of them had received a 5. (Yeah, this mama is proud!) The mechanic came and went, Teach finished her video, and you probably already guessed that instead of yardwork, the kids decided to include Baby Doll in their upstairs adventures.


All is quiet for a minute and the guilt is prompting me to write this rather long and tedious blog post. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. It is Cow Day at Chick-fil-A. Don't miss your chance at free chicken.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It’s good know that you have an impatient moment as all of us do. It doesn sound like you had a stressful day and It is hard to be perfect at maintaining control of ones self and your children. I do hope Bossy will be OK. I’m sure that was a big part of feeling stressed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I think you are awesome! Big hugs for you~