Jul 29, 2018

Devils Tower

As I mentioned yesterday, after we left the Badlands, we still had many miles to go before we finally found our hotel rooms in Casper, Wyoming. Our next stop was Devils Tower and since the kids had been doing a fair amount of complaining, we had to take them on another hike.


This one led all the way around the base of the tower, just a little over a mile. The hike was a bit steep at first, but then it leveled out and the views of the valley surrounding the tower were beautiful!


My sweetie couldn't risk taking a few pictures, and my kids couldn't risk striking a pose even when the lens wasn't pointed at them.


When we finally reached the end of the trail, I agreed to let the kids visit the gift shop. Curly couldn't resist spending his hard-earned dollars on a tiny Lego piece, and I couldn't resist buying them another patch so I could sew it to their scout vests.


2 comments:

LeAnn said...

This does look like a fun adventure. Love your posing kids. Thanks for sharing your trip~
Blessings and hugs for all!

Cindy said...

We've hiked around Devils Tower and you're right, the views are breathtaking!