Dec 11, 2017

Three Wise Men Sought Him

I'm feeling a bit melancholy this evening, maybe even a little bit weepy. Perhaps that menopause monster is finally hitting me. Or maybe I'm just tired. That's probably it. I can't even begin to tell you how glad I am to finally have my sweetie home from his business trip.

My family does a little devotional every night with our scripture study. We sing and then read a story from the Christmas book Bossy's family gave us last year. Scout reads the word of the day from a different Christmas book and Grandpa shares his daily scripture. Then Dog Walker tells us about the new Light the World challenge for tomorrow. I love that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is trying to help us remember to love and take care of each other.

When Teach was on her mission, the church came out with a music video that I absolutely love. Please take a minute and watch this one. I want to be the kind of parent who teaches her children to be like this family. The love radiates from them in every scene. I know, they are just actors, but what they portray is attainable. I know it is. The world can be a good and happy place full of peace and acceptance if we try to live like our Savior, Jesus Christ.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Really loved this post and what you do each night. You light the world right in your home. I think you are all awesome. The video is lovely of course.
Sending Merry Christmas love and hugs your way!