Dec 14, 2017

Icky Stuff

I've had to do some terribly not fun things the last couple of days.

First, I had to visit the impound lot to pick up Prima Donna's things that were left in her car after the accident last Saturday. I didn't get a chance to see the car at the accident site since they had already loaded it onto the wrecker, so I wasn't prepared for the damage and devastation.



It didn't help that it was terribly cold outside and my hands were like ice cubes as I sorted through the debris looking for anything of value. I couldn't open the trunk at all; not with the key nor with the button. I hope she didn't have treasures hidden in there.


Then today (after 3 doctors' appointments - 1 for me and 2 for Scout), I drove to Ogden so I could take Prima Donna to court on a "failure to appear" charge for a traffic violation she got when the car was only 3 days old (to us, anyway). I have never had to go to court like that, so it was pretty unsettling, but the judge was extremely kind and reduced her fine as far down as he possibly could without dismissing it altogether.


Then I had to drive back from Ogden. I'm running way behind in my holiday preparations. My next task is to make sure I am ready for our Girl Scout Christmas Party on Friday. There is always way too much to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On sept. 15, 2017 we were rear ended, mind you by a man using his cell phone and not watching what he was supposed to do in a company truck, it totaled our car 8 years paid for in pristine shape! We walked 2 miles to take 2 buses to get to the tow place they were very nice, but we had a time of it getting all the stuff from the back and front of the car..We had to buy a new car, grrrr.... we had to be without a car for 5 days, we had the free car but my husband of nearly 44 years was just toooo exhausted and upset to pick up the free rental, our insurance company was great the insurance company of the man who worked for the painting company paid for everything..no injuries, the new car has a radio we can only listen to it when the car is running, same car, same model 2018 model, not that much, we are okay and not hurt..I don't drive at all, I tell you people who text, use cell phones, put on makeup and eat while driving are in my opinion toying with others lives, it could have been so much worse than it was, my hubs never had any problem driving the 8 Hyundais we have bought and paid for in all our years married he never hit anyone, texted, we don't own a cell phone and when I did drive I was vigilant..I think many people just don't realize what person or persons they can kill while using a cell phone...happy holidays anyways, hope your daughter can find a decent car they are so dadblasted expensive.....

LeAnn said...

I feel so sad about Prima Donna's wreak; it looks awful. What a blessings that she wasn't hurt badly. I feel sad she had to go to court too. I know that isn't a fun experiece. However, I do know that when you do go; they will reduce the fine.
I can't even imagine how far behind you are; I can hardly believe that you ever feel caught up. You continue to amaze me with all that you do get done. Please take a few moments to rest; I worry about you a bit.
Sending Merry Christmas thoughts and hugs!