Dec 6, 2017

Baby Doll's Dance is Glorious

Tonight was the Council Reflections awards ceremony at Elk Ridge. Baby Doll and Scout were both in the running for a couple of awards each. In a show of family support, we also had Prima Donna, Grandpa, and Sport join us. Bossy showed up with Burrito shortly afterward since he also had an entry with a possibility of a win.


The media center was packed with parents and students (good thing the fire marshal wasn't around!) all hoping to receive an Award of Excellence which means their entry moves on to Region.

I had thought that Baby Doll might advance in Literature and I was actually quite disappointed when she only received an Award of Merit or 2nd place. We were all pleasantly surprised when her Dance Choreography was chosen as a 1st place winner.

Sadly, Burrito and Scout only received participation awards. Drama Queen has been loading our videos to YouTube this week and I want you to see Baby Doll's dance so you can understand her passion. This David Archuleta song was perfect for her.

(OK, so apparently I managed to load last year's extremely cute dance, but not the one that won. Drama Queen can you fix this for me please? I told you I was technology challenged...)




Drama Queen: No problem!  Here is this year's entry!

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

You are children are so awesome and I love that they participate in these events and that an achievement in and of itself. Of course, I loved the video and would love to see more. Baby Doll is just so adorable.
Blessings and hugs for all those that received awards! Your all the best~

Marci said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE her video! Baby Doll has grown so much! This wants me to get Emma dancing again; her one session of dance classes wasn't enough! Maybe when she's done with swim lessons... I'm not sure I can handle her doing multiple activities!