Dec 23, 2017

The Twelve Party

Last year Drama Queen came up with the idea of the "Twelve" party which included an evening at the church where we had some sort of show, dinner, and then basketball to wrap it up. I always love having my kids around me, but my favorite part of this one is that I don't have to be the host.



Drama Queen assigned out all the food and asked each family to provide at least one talent. It was fun watching Baby Doll and Crafty dance, Scout and Prima Donna sing, and The Frog play the piano. Beauty got on stage and showed us all how she finally has full control of her foot again and we all erupted in applause and cheers.

Too fast for my phone's camera...

Taco, Burrito, and Curly sang for us and Curly also played several songs on his recorder. Gamer shared some jokes and I even gave an encore performance of my solo from the care center. Teach, Twiz, and Twizlet danced and Grandpa shared a message. My sweetie offered prizes for a paper airplane contest, but I think the favorite of just about everyone was when the Dog Walker danced to Jingle Bell Rock.


We shared egg nog shakes with a Nut Prize that turned out to be a couple of tiny drones. Prima Donna was shocked and thrilled when she happened to be the winner and she spent the rest of the evening on the stage getting them to fly.


We played a few rousing games of dodgeball and finished up with basketball. It was happy and fun and full of love, laughter, and music. My favorite kind of days... the kind memories are made of.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, your family does know how to have make sweet memories. This sounded like the best of family Christmas parties. Since we are off with our one daughter and her family we didn't get our annual Christmas party in. We will do it when we get back next week. I really missed that this year. I am pretty traditional in wanting to continue all our Christmas traditions.
Sending loving Christmas thoughts and hugs your way!