Apr 13, 2012

Cub Scout Stuff

Remember in February when I told you about the Blue and Gold Banquet? Well, my sweetie is still in charge of the Cub Scouts and he has to prepare an activity/awards meeting for them each and every month. Last month wasn't too bad, they all made paper airplanes and then had contests to see whose went the furthest and the longest.

This month they are supposed to do another craft or a service project and we have been wracking our brains trying to come up with something cheap and relatively easy since most of these boys are only about 8 years old. Except for their fearless leader who is 48 going on 11. Yup, I'm confessing...my sweetie is just a big overgrown kid at heart. He loves this kind of stuff!

When I mentioned that I wanted to go over to Beck's Leather and Craft for some supplies for my Girl Scout meeting today, he was right with me. I was a little confused by this because we already did leatherwork for the Cub Scout pack last summer. That's when he casually mentioned that they had a catapult kit he thought the boys might like. Trouble is, those kits cost $7 each!



Does anybody have a catapult pattern they might like to share? No, not one for throwing Cub Scouts, although I'm sure they would love that, just the right size for ping pong balls?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately I don't have a pattern for a catapult lying around lol! But I'm interested to see what you guys come up with!! Sounds fun for them :)

Brandi

mommeeof10 said...

Buy one kit, then recreate with your own materials?

momto8 said...

my son made one for his 6th grade science class..it works was easy and is so un..he p[lays with it at home!!
I think he got most of the instructions on the internet.

Saimi said...

Ah the good ol days!! Love cub scouts!

Arkansas Patti said...

When I am in doubt, I Google. Someone has solved the problem and posted about it. Good luck.

Unknown said...

I bet the boys would love flinging ping pong balls.