Can you believe I got two blog awards in the same week? And they were my very first two blog awards? The first one came from the Mixed Up Brains of Lisa Weinstein, and the second one was from Theresa's Mixed Nuts.
I've never been very good at playing blog games. Mostly I just like saying whatever I want on my blog, but these two awards only want me to put up seven random thoughts about pretty much anything so that goes along with my basic philosophy, and then I'm supposed to give you the names of seven of my blogging friends who might be willing to play along.
So here goes...
1. One of my very favorite things to do is read to my kids. We have been through about a dozen chapter books already this year. We are currently reading The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place. It's kind of amazing to me how many of my children gather around when I start to read. Even my sweetie likes to listen in.
2. I'm a night owl. It is typical for me to be up until about 2:00 each night, sometimes writing a post or visiting my blogging buddies, and sometimes folding laundry and watching the food channel. I'm not a big fan of putting the little ones to bed early because then they just want to get up early, and I'm allergic to early mornings.
3. I love vegetables! I know, a little weird, huh? My sweetie is a fruit guy, but I much prefer vegetables of all kinds. As I'm sitting here typing this, I can't think of a single vegetable that I refuse to eat.
4. I don't care what kind of car people drive. My sweetie and the Gym Rat think this is terrible! But honestly, I don't even notice...I might remember the color, but probably not.
5. One of my biggest pet peeves is open cupboards. I guess I've just smacked my head one too many times. Sport has a bad habit of leaving them open lately and it's driving me nuts!
6. I really don't like to cook. I know, with all these kids, it's part of my life, but I don't enjoy it. My favorite time is the weekend when my sweetie is home and he takes over the cooking (it doesn't hurt that he's around either...).
7. I've never been the kind of person to spend much time on my computer. I don't do Facebook or play games. Blogging has kind of flipped my world upside down, but I love that all of you are willing to keep coming back every day just to see if I have anything interesting to say. Thanks for spending part of your day with me.
Now, to tag a few of my friends. I hope you will still be my friends...
Don't feel obligated if you don't want to play, but if you do, feel free to grab whichever award best suits your personality (or grab both...go ahead, you deserve it!) and let's hear your random thoughts.
Life Doesn't Have to be Perfect to be Wonderful
Race & Emma
The Art of Autism
(That's the Dog Walker's Blog)
Lexie Loo, Lily Boo, & Dylan Too
Ockey Family Adventures
Wanna Feel That Fire