Mar 25, 2012

Payback

credit
On Thursday my sweetie and I were out running some errands. We were feeling a little thirsty, but it was after 4:00 so Happy Hour (meaning half price drinks) at Sonic was over.  I rummaged through my purse until I pulled out a coupon for a free 44 oz drink and we pulled into a parking spot. Now 44 oz is way more than I can drink. I'm not much of a soda drinker anyway, but my sweetie could probably drink two...before we left the parking lot...

Point being, I would have been good with him getting a drink and me just waiting until we got home, but being my awesome sweetie that he is, he ordered my favorite fountain drink, Diet Cherry Sprite. I'm OK with sharing and we often do, but since I had heard him coughing a little, I thought I'd better ask, "Are you sick?" He assured me that he was fine, it must have been allergies.
Not our tree, thank goodness

We shared the soda as we finished our errands and headed for home.

By bedtime I was starting to sneeze...my nose filled up with gunk and my ears needed to pop. It seems that I have picked up a good old-fashioned head cold. And just when "popcorn" is popping on my apricot tree! I guess it serves me right for volunteering him to coach tee ball...at least we can be miserable together.

4 comments:

ccc said...

LOL!!!

Jaclyn M said...

Too funny!!! Sorry you are sick, but I love your attitude about it.

momto8 said...

ha!! sharing was worth the cold.

Arkansas Patti said...

Oh dear, how many times have I caught "allergies". Sure hope you are both well soon and it doesn't spread through the family.