Jun 13, 2020

Idaho Falls Baseball

As you already know, baseball is pretty important at my house. Since Curly started playing games on Memorial Day weekend, we have been at the field a couple of nights a week loving the smell of the dirt and the crack of the bat.
This week we won our two games in Utah, climbed in the car and drove to Idaho Falls where we lost our first two games this morning. Curly hit a massive over-the-fence homerun, but it still wasn't enough to make up for the hometown referees.
We met up with the team after the game at a pizza place for dinner. The pizza was good; the service not so much.
Then the kids took a quick dip in the pool, and I mean quick. After we took this pic, so many kids got in that it just wasn't fun anymore.
So we decided to walk the 2.5-mile trail around the falls and by the temple. It was a huge goal for me and one I was both excited and afraid of. I haven't walked anywhere near that far since long before my foot surgery.
When we were almost back to the motel, we stopped at a railroad car-turned-treat station to buy a Shave Ice. I had never had one before and we were pretty excited for the experience.
It has been a fun and exciting day. We have at least two more games tomorrow and then a couple more days of Idaho before we head back to Utah. Such a nice little vacation!

2 comments:

Rockey said...

Wow! I'm staying in Idaho Falls tonight, too!

~R

LeAnn said...

It is baseball season for sure and it sounds so fun. I have a son that lives in Idaho Falls and we love going there. I especially love the temple and walking around it.
Loved all your fun photos.
Blessings and hugs!