Jun 1, 2020

COVID-19 - American Gothic

I'm pretty sure you are all familiar with this painting. It's called American Gothic and the artist definitely had a sense of humor.


I will spare you all the details, but sometime when you are bored, take a minute and look it up on Wikipedia. 

The reason I am giving you a mini art lesson is because Sport was given an assignment by his English teacher to choose a popular painting and then to recreate it COVID-style.

Guess who he recruited to be his models?


I think this one turned out great, but after 8 weeks of being isolated in our family group, this one is probably more appropriate. 

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I loved this one. I think the photos are adorable. I am tired of masks but happy when I see people wearing them. I feel we should be obedient to the guidelines.
Blessings and hugs for this one!

Cindy said...

Great recreations!! I recently read about the Gothic painting. I never knew about that, it was very fascinating!