Jun 5, 2018

The Transformation

The school year is winding down quickly for my 3 elementary-aged kids. Crafty and Sport finished last week, but now they both have summer classes to deal with. This final week is full of field trips and fun, but most especially the 6th Grade Dance.

Drama Queen came by this morning and took me, Sport, and Crafty to breakfast at Chick-fil-A. Then we drove out to Kohl's so we could spend my Kohl's cash buying something cute for Scout to wear. I want her to feel beautiful and confident tomorrow at her very first dance.


I found a cute blue dress and Drama Queen found the perfect pair of leggings for her to wear under it. We made Crafty be our model and try everything on, even the shoes (although as it turns out, their feet are about half a size different).

Then Drama Queen dropped us home before running to Walmart to pick up more red hair dye to refresh what should have been Scout's natural hair color. I am even going to bend my own rules a bit and let her wear makeup tomorrow, something I don't usually allow until middle school. Don't worry, I'll be sure to show you the transformation and give you a report on the dance. Fortunately, I was one of only 2 moms from her class chosen to be there to hand out punch and cookies.

So excited!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that looked like a fun day of activities preparing for Scout's dance. I like how you have fun events before the event. I also enjoy that you have other children that help too.
Loved this one! Hugs for all~