Jun 14, 2018

Happy Flag Day!

On Tuesday, Chick-fil-A in South Jordan honored Veterans and Active Duty servicemen and women by giving them and their immediate family members a free meal. Grandpa is a Veteran, so Curly and I made arrangements to meet him between ballgames so the three of us could share a meal.

The place was busy and crazy as usual, but the franchise owner, Becky Pickle herself met us at the door with raffle and meal tickets. I can't say enough about how incredible this woman is! Chick-fil-A is one of my favorite places because they support our community is so many ways.


Grandpa had a great time with the Cow, and each time someone thanked him for his service, his smile grew a little wider. They even had Costco there with cookies and clementines for dessert. When we were finished, we convinced Grandpa to ditch his car and go back to the ball field with us for the second game.

Unfortunately, it ended with a loss as did the one tonight, but we did win the first game, so we shouldn't be seeded right at the bottom for the tournament. I'll let you know...


2 comments:

Marci said...

I love your Chick-fil-A! I wish my Chick-fil-A was as awesome as yours. I did discover a Chick-fil-A a little further from my house that is owned by someone else than the one close to my house and I like it a lot more! Thankfully it’s close to my gym! Thank Grandpa for his service for me, please!!

LeAnn said...

I love that you di his for Grandpa. I think it is fantastic that Chick-fil-A does this. I am impressed with what they do for the community.
Sorry about the games; hope they do well in the future ones.
Blessings and hugs for you all and especially for Grandpa and his service for our country.