Jan 31, 2018

Trouble Sleeping

You all have known for a long time that I have trouble sleeping and after my surgery I ended up on oxygen that I just barely got rid of the end of December. I traded it in for a CPAP to see if I could get better sleep with air blowing in my face all night long.

I don't think it's working.

I have tried 3 different masks over the last month. Each one seems to have problems and finally, yesterday, I turned in my machine to see why the humidifier wasn't working. It turns out they didn't know either, so they gave me a new machine.

Baby Doll took this selfie while watching me sleep...

With my sweetie gone, I'm starting to realize just how much I count on sleeping in rather than getting kids off to school. I think the Dog Walker noticed too, because he has taken that task upon himself even though he doesn't get off work until 11:00 pm.

Basically, my kids are amazing! They have just stepped in and taken over when needed. The only thing I can't manage to get them to do is sort their laundry...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I believe that's one of the hardest things to deal with! I hope they get your machine working properly and that a good nights sleep is in your near future!

LeAnn said...

Oh my sweet friend, I am so sorry you are having a hard time sleeping. Sleep to me is highly important. I don't do well at all without it.
I do hope it starts to improve. I have struggle with insomnia for years and am using herbals right now that help. The worst is that I have this annoying dry cough that wakes me up. I have had it for years also. It is due to various physical things and there isn't much I can do about. I do have times when I don't have it but it started up again after I had the flu.
Anway, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know when you hubby is home; that should help. I do think it is awesome that Dog Walker stepped up to the plate.
Sending warm thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!