Jan 19, 2018

Longer Skewers Were Fantastic

Do you remember a couple of months ago when we did the review on Cave Tools skewers for kebabs? My only problem with them was that we didn't have enough for everyone, so when they offered me a chance to do a review on their longer skewers, I was pretty excited! Not only would they hold more, but they also come in a set of 10. That would feed all of us living at home.


 Drama Queen offered to come over tonight to work on wedding invitations and help me cook dinner, so I immediately ran to the store and bought the things I needed. As I was walking through the produce department, the fresh pineapple caught my eye. Fruit kebabs hadn't been on my list, but they were now! I grabbed a bag of gala apples and I was set.


I knew Drama Queen would be willing to help put the kebabs together and she even coated the apples and the pineapple in cinnamon before my sweetie put everything on the grill.


It wasn't long before we were gathered around the table to feast. The kebabs were beautiful; evenly cooked, and I couldn't wait to sink my teeth into some of those mushrooms. I had no idea that my new favorite would be the cooked apples. I don't really like apple pie, so this was a nice surprise.


The extra space on these longer skewers kept the kids from thinking they needed more when we were finished. My only caution is to be careful with these because they are really hot just coming off the grill. My sweetie touched the edge of one when it slipped and he got a nice little blister on his palm.

You could easily purchase these fantastic skewers from Amazon, but I recommend going directly to the Cave Tools site. They have some awesome products and if you put in the code, SKEWER15, they will give you 15% off. I'm sure your sweetie would love to have a set in time for Valentine's Day. Make sure you save a couple of them to fill with apples and fruit.

***We received a set of skewers for our open and honest review.***


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Thanks for the review on this one. I am very interested in maybe getting these as a gift for my hubby. I will want to try the apples too.
Blessings and hugs for this one.