Nov 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

What a crazy, crowded day!!

I love having my family around me and today was one of those days when we had everyone here... just not quite all at the same time so we couldn't take any pictures. Lil Sis and her family also joined us for the day and the fun. The total number of people who ate or passed through my house today was 34.


We started with our Charlie Brown Thanksgiving feast about 12:30. The kids had been eating pie and picking at the rolls all morning, so they weren't as hungry as usual. Scout played Peppermint Patty since today is actually her 12th birthday.

Hungry, Scout?

After we cleared away lunch, I helped my sweetie with the potatoes and the kids played games. It was so beautiful outside that most of the kids played football and basketball or jumped on the trampoline.


Twizlet and I took a little nap for an hour during the middle of the day and when we got up, we were in full time feast preparation mode. It was 6:45 when we finally got everyone seated. I (as Grandma) chose to keep the little ones all together in the kitchen and we had way more fun than those who were at the big table.


Things are finally cleaned up and most of the kids have drifted away to their own homes or off to shop somewhere. I am boiling down the turkey for soup and the ones still here are playing board games. Grandpa, Dog Walker, and Cat Lover are all watching It's a Wonderful Life. Princess and The Frog are staying the night again tonight and Sport and Curly are staying at Bossy and Gamer's house.


I hope your family enjoyed being together, sharing food and love and building memories.

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, you did have a group for Thanksgiving. I keep thinking about you in a few years and this group will multiple to a lot more. Loved the photos of your family. Loved that you took a nap. We had 13 total at our home it was our one family from Heber City. They stayed for a couple of days due to their house having some things done to it. We loved having them and it all went well.
Have a sweet Thanksgiving weekend dear friend! Hugs~