Aug 25, 2017

Tough Day

Today was rough. I had jury duty... enough said about that.

We have a big weekend coming up and I have been trying to get ready for it. Things almost always seem to take longer than I think they will and I sure miss having the extra drivers home! As much as I just don't need something extra to do, I really need to get Crafty out on the road.


We finally went back to the DMV and had her Learner's Permit renewed so she could have another year to learn to drive. Her time on the range at 10 miles an hour is just not the same as driving out on the road. She drove us home from the church a week or so ago and it was terribly painful. I'm afraid I haven't been forceful enough about her time behind the wheel. Life gets so busy and she will be 17 next month.

Tomorrow is our Girl Scout swim party and then we have our awards picnic on Saturday. That finishes out our scout year and I'm pretty excited about that.

It feels like time for a change.

3 comments:

Gamer said...

If you want I can teach her how drive. As long as it is in a vehicle she can handle. I wont throw her behind the wheel of a big truck or really fast car right off the back. Let me know!

Diane said...

I am working on driver #2 and she just turned 18 today. But I am a little sad to learn that it doesn't get less scary. Driver number 3 has his permit too, but he was waiting his turn driving while # 2 finishes. I hope you have a great weekend.

LeAnn said...

Oh, I understand Jury dudy! I just received notice to serve. Since I am on a mission, I am hopeing to prolong it.
I always loved when the children started driving; it releived me a lot. They could run all my little errands. Yes, give that girl more driving time. However, I don't know how you will fit it in.
You have been in scouting for a while so winding down is good.
Blessings and hugs!