Aug 28, 2017

Happy Birthday, Sweetie

We had a great party tonight for my sweetie's birthday. All the kids were here except Prima Donna (school starts for her on Monday) as well as our brand new little grandson. Some of the kids hadn't even seen Little Warrior yet, so they were pretty excited when Beauty and The Beast came inside.


Rather than have the kids playing cards or board games, I had the baby quilt for Princess and The Frog set up and they all tied a couple of knots for them. Drama Queen and my sweetie made dinner for everyone, so I didn't have to do much with any of that. I didn't even get to make the cake! They are truly spoiling me here.


It's pretty obvious that I married an amazing man. He was only 19 when we met and he celebrated his 20th birthday just days before we were married. We have been together for nearly 35 years, and married for 34 of those. I love him so much more now than in our early days. I never would have thought that were possible. We have literally grown up together and now we are raising our own children and rejoicing in their independence and happiness.


.... It's the circle of life... (it's probably time to watch The Lion King again). Happy birthday, Sweetie.

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

Please don't watch Lion King, I'll end up quoting the whole movie again.

LeAnn said...

You are such a fun writer! I loved your Birthday celebration for your Sweetie. Happy Birthday to him. I also like that they re spoiling you a bit. You deserve a good break now and then. Yes, I think the Lion King movie is the best. I haven't seen it for a while; so maybe we will do that one in the near future.
Blessings and hugs!