Jan 1, 2012

RedBox Game Review

A couple of weeks ago we were invited to review the game rentals at the RedBox Kiosk. Since we were already fans of renting movies from RedBox, we jumped right in. Smiley360 provided us with 5 free game rental codes and told us to have at it.

My sweetie took Sport with him and the two of them chose a couple of wii games, Go Vacation and Wipeouts 2. Normally at my house we only use the wii to play Just Dance, so the kids were quite surprised when I allowed them to rent actual games.

It took them a couple of hours to really learn how to play, but after that they had an amazingly great time. Not a gamer, I was blogging and keeping my eye on them through the office door. The girls slowly made their way to bed, a couple at a time, but the boys just kept at it. I finally kicked them off and sent them to bed just before 2:00 AM. I think they would have played all night if I would have let them.

Of course this is what I got in the morning!




I love the whole idea of RedBox. At my house, most of the movies get scratched and ruined anyway, so watching them once and returning them works for me. As for games, we only use them as a treat, so being able to just plunk down a couple of bucks and then never have to worry about them makes sense . Besides, the kids tire of them so easily. Once they beat the game, they don’t usually want to play it again anyway.

Hey, I hope you all have a happy, healthy, safe new year! Thanks for being my blogging friends.

7 comments:

kherbert said...

I'm hoping they will start having a bigger selection - but like being able to rent so easily.

I reserve one on line just after 9:00 on Friday and go pick it up. That way we have it till 9:00 pm Sunday. That is especially good when bad weather is predicted.

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

I had no idea Redbox did games. I love redbox- actually we used it last night. THanks for letting me know:)

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I didn't even realize that red box rented Wii games - what a great way to check out some new games!

Saimi said...

Never did the Red Box thing, but we do order from Net Flicks. The kids look like they're having a great time!

Happy New Year to you and your family!!

ccc said...

I just realized that redbox rented games the other day and was very happy to find that out! How did you get asked to review games?

Shell said...

I love renting games from Redbox. That way, we know if we really like a game before we would decide to buy it!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

we LOVE Just Dance and I think it's a great idea to rent video games... make sure you really like it if you're going to buy it.... thanks for the idea. :)

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the robin egg blue paint color on your wall... it is gorgeous :) What color is it exactly? Where did you get it?